Family friendly day out featuring a wide variety of working model railway layouts
Our annual model railway exhibition featuring over 20 operational model railway layouts set among our historic road transport collection. There will also be seminars and demonstrations for people wishing to learn more about Digital Command Control (DCC) railway modelling and a wide range of trade stalls for all your model railway supplies.
This event is jointly organised with the Lancashire & Yorkshire DCC Model Rail Group which aims to promote Digital Command Control (DCC) model railways.
10am to 4.30pm
- Revised charges apply: adults £7, over 60s £6, students £6, jobseekers £6
- Accompanied children under 16 visit free, disabled visit free
- GMTS Members and TfGM staff visit free
- Employees of Metrolink and GM bus operators visit free with valid staff pass only
Getting to the Museum
We recommend that you use public transport to travel to the Museum, or use our free heritage CentreShuttle (see below). Don’t forget you can use rail tickets showing Manchester CTLZ as the destination to reach Manchester Victoria via Metrolink.
CentreShuttle* - our free heritage CentreShuttle will operate:
- from Corporation Street, Bus Stop NU at 0950, 1010, 1030 & every 20 minutes until 1630
- from Shudehill Interchange, Stand E at 0952, 1012, 1032 & every 20 minutes until 1632
- from Queens Road Metrolink, Bus Stop B at 1001, 1021, 1041 & every 20 minutes until 1641
- from the Museum of Transport at 1003, 1023, 1043 and every 20 minutes until 1643
*all times are approximate and are subject to traffic disruption.
An expanded selection of light meals and refreshments, including a greater range of hot food, will be available