The MX649 decoder introduces a new solution for ’N’ gauge models. At 23 mm x 9 mm x 4 mm it is smaller than all previous sound decoders but is still fully equipped.
New product: MX649
The new MX649 miniature sound decoder effectively replaces the MX646 (now retired with supplies exhausted). At 23mm x 9mm (MX646 was 28mm x 10.5mm) it is smaller than all previous sound decoders but is extremely well equipped. Alongside the existing MX648 family, the new chip offers a number of solutions for restricted spaces, especially in ‘N’ gauge and small ‘OO’ gauge locos where current draw is not to onerous. Use the MX649 for ‘long and narrow’ spaces or MX648 for ‘short and wide’.
• MX649 (Wires), MX649F (6-pin), MX649N (6-pin direct) MX649R (8-pin)
• Miniature design dimensions of 23 x 9 x 4mm
• DCC, DC (Analogue), MM, RailCom equipped
• 4 Function outputs (FOf, FOr, FO1, FO2)
• 2 Logic level outputs (FO3, FO4) for additional functions, servo control or SUSI
• 1 Watt Audio, 32 Mbit, 6 channels, 8-Ohm speaker output
• 0.7 Amp (1.5 Amp peak) motor rating
• 30V maximum system voltage
• Plus all standard ZIMO features
Can be loaded with any of our "ZS" soundfiles